Rasbora myersi

General rasbora discussion.

Moderator: forum moderators

Rasbora myersi

Postby pintius » Tue May 27, 2008 2:37 pm

Just got a couple of these guys by accident. Cant really find any info on them other than max size. Any help would be sweet :)
The natural world is infinitely more complex than our imaginations allow
pintius

Re: Rasbora myersi

Postby ying » Tue May 27, 2008 7:27 pm

Hi pintius,

Welcome to Rasboras.com :)

You can see some pics of its habitat here http://www.ikanpemburu.com/html/field/Terengganu1.htm
Mad Duff can tell you more about it since he actually owns some ;) .
ying
Site Admin

Postby pintius » Wed May 28, 2008 1:55 pm

Wow, looks like a cool trip, some interesting finds
The natural world is infinitely more complex than our imaginations allow
pintius

Postby Mad Duff » Tue Jun 10, 2008 11:18 am

Hi pintius

I picked up my R. myersi when they appeared as contaminants in a shipment of R. caudimaculatus.

Care wise they are pretty much identical to the likes of Rasbora rasbora, Rasbora caudimaculata and any of the other larger Rasboras.
Mad Duff

Postby mollyboy13 » Mon Mar 22, 2010 4:50 pm

Hi. Just found rasboras.com and signed up right away.
For R. myersi, is there any source for a school of them? I like them bettern than R. cuadimaculatus, especially with their size, they'd be able to deal with my gang of P. tetrazona without too much trouble.
Or, are they almost always contaminants?
BTW: This seems to be a British site. I'm from the US, so may not have the same access to imports as in GB.
mollyboy13

Postby Mad Duff » Wed Mar 24, 2010 7:53 am

This is intended to be an international site, hopefully as word spreads and we get more members that idea will come to fruition :)

Unfortunately myersi do seem to mainly be found as contaminants, I would love to have more myself and if I ever go to a shop and see a tank full of scissortails or any other silver rasbora species I scan the tank for the one or two odd fish that usually do turn out to be myersi, I have had some funny looks when I have asked for that one from a tank containing a lot of fish :lol: :lol:
Mad Duff

Postby mollyboy13 » Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:42 am

Thanks for the advice, Mad Duff; I'll look closer at scissortail shipments in the future.
We have a pitiful selection of rasboras in stores in the US, although auction sites have many different species . I was in SE Asia two years ago and spent much time salivating in aquarium shops that had many different rasbora species.
mollyboy13

Return to General Discussion