Planted Tank w/ Rasbora

General rasbora discussion.

Moderator: forum moderators

Planted Tank w/ Rasbora

Postby Ryan12 » Mon May 24, 2010 1:14 pm

Hey all, I really like this site so far. Lots of information and pictures.

MY question is what kind of rasbora would look best in a planted tank similar to the one in this thread.
http://www.aquaticplantcentral.com/foru ... m-33g.html

I was going to be keeping a a small single species shoal of some fish, and i really like rasboras. At first i was considerig the basic harlequin rasbora, but i figured i would ask you all and see what you think. Any suggestions for species of rasbora that would look stunning in a tank like that?

Thanks,
Ryan
Ryan12

Re: Planted Tank w/ Rasbora

Postby Mad Duff » Wed May 26, 2010 5:59 pm

Personally if it was me it would be either a shoal of Trigonostigma espei or two shoals of miniature rasboras like Boraras maculatus and Boraras brigittae or Boraras urophthalmoides, let us know what you decide and keep us updated as to your progress :)
Mad Duff

Re: Planted Tank w/ Rasbora

Postby Ryan12 » Sun May 30, 2010 8:03 pm

Well i took your advice and decided i would get one of the boraras genus. The only problem im having is finding out where to purchase them. I am currently at school and haven't checked my LFS back at home, so it might be that at least one LFS by be has some (i live in the suburbs of chicago).
Otherwise where can you buy members of the boraras genus? online? local breeders? hope and pray to stumble across them?
thanks,
Ryan
Ryan12

Return to General Discussion