Laos (South East Asia) Creek Biotope

Post your non-rasbora pictures here.

Moderator: forum moderators

Laos (South East Asia) Creek Biotope

Postby stylesformiles » Fri Jan 29, 2010 3:15 pm

there is a (sort of) journal of the setting up of this tank on another forum i regularly use. i have had the tank about 3 months and it has taken a lot of re-working to get it to this stage. i'm really happy with the end result, all i have to do now is make my mind up about if i want to replace some fish or not, and wait for the plants to grow more
it's changed slightly since this photo. so i'll probably add a few updated pics as the tank matures and gets closer to how i visioned it....

in this pic there are:
fish:
7x Golden barbs (possibly replacing for Puntius Hexazona, or Puntius Semifasciolatus if i can find them) golden barbs aren't biotope specific, but they're an aquarium bred colour variant of P. Semifasciolatus, so i'm really not that far off! one of the golden barbs was also my first fish, and i can't bear to re-home him
4x Siamese Algae Eaters (Crossocheilus Siamensis)

plants:
vallisneria gigantea (only had them a week, so they've not grown much yet)
vallisneria spiralis
Java fern
Java fern windelov (which i'm planning on replacing with more normal java fern)
Riccia Fluitans (again, its new so there's only a small clump right now)

i added 11 Rasbora Rubrodorsalis yesturday, so i'll try and get a clear pic of them too
stylesformiles

Re: Laos (South East Asia) Creek Biotope

Postby Mad Duff » Mon Feb 08, 2010 2:22 pm

Lovely looking tank, very nice layout :D
Mad Duff

Re: Laos (South East Asia) Creek Biotope

Postby ying » Fri Feb 12, 2010 11:14 pm

Beautiful setup Steve. Golden barbs are one of my favorite fish. I used to own a pair of them. They were the last two barbs in the store tank when I bought them and amazingly they turned out to be a he and a she. The female was big and magnificent. She had a great personality too. The tank was near the door and she always greeted me when I leave to or come home from work. She was probably begging for food but she still swim around in front of me whenever I'm near the tank even after feeding unlike the rest of the fishes in the tank. I was really sad when she passed away about a year ago.
Attachments
golden barb.JPG
golden barb.JPG (66.42 KiB) Viewed 3431 times
ying
Site Admin

Return to Freshwater Gallery